1. Advertise on Your Website
- Online visibility is everything. Make it easy for clients to find your extension services by creating a dedicated page for your extensions, including before and afters, on your salon website. By doing this, you are separating the extension services, giving it an exclusive feel and drawing more attention to the service. If you don’t know how to build a website, there are lots of helpful sources that make it easy to create and populate a page with relevant content. Sites such as Wix.com allow anyone to quickly and easily create a website without having any web experience. After you make your website, take it to the next level by adding your social media pages. If you don’t have social media, take a look at the next tip.
2. Utilize Social Media
- The first thing that people do when they find out about your salon is look you up online, making attractive social media pages critical to promote new business. At a minimum, create a Facebook and Instagram page with your salon logo and contact information so clients can easily locate you and find out what your salon is all about. When you have created this, populate the page with before and afters, videos, client selfies and any other content that showcases the services that you offer.
3. Use Advertising Materials In Or Near Your Salon
- When you have a client in your chair, use the opportunity to show them how amazing hair extensions can be. Have a brochure or flyer nearby that is easily displayed and can pique the interest of your client without having to do any extra work. Another example would be to have a slideshow or hair extension video playing on salon screens. Displaying signage, banners, posters or flyers in the salon are all great ways to attract those already in or near your salon. If your salon is on a busy street, put something on the windows so that people on foot are immediately attracted to what your salon has to offer. Try utilizing a variety of materials to see what works best for your salon.
Featured image: Gina Ralston at Belleza Salon of O’Fallon MO uses a Di Biase decal on her car to advertise Di Biase extensions on the go! This is a great example of utilizing marketing materials anywhere you are. You can order Di Biase marketing materials by contacting us at email@example.com.
4. Offer Promotions and Discounts
- Once you have someones interest, draw them in fully by offering an exclusive deal on extensions. Percentage discounts, free products and discounted services are all common discount methods that help to bring clients in. Use specials and discounts to your advantage by advertising them on your website and social media pages and giving people a reason to talk about your salon.
5. Don’t Underestimate the Power of Word-of-Mouth
- Encourage those who do have extensions to share them with their friends and family. A great way to spread the word is simply to get people talking! Wherever you go and whatever you do, talk about your extensions, especially if you wear them yourself. Hearing and seeing great hair will get others excited about hair extensions and having them want extensions for themselves!
For more information and a more in depth look on how to reach a wider audience, click here to access an article from Di Biase COO, Dale Aho who gives tips on “Making Your Hair Extension Business A Profit Powerhouse.” Have your own tip or something you wanted to share with stylists who are looking to bring in more business? Comment below with what has worked for your salon!